Good Parenting: Exhibit 1 (overheard at work today)
This post was originally published on my Postach.io blog on February 20th, 2015.
- 6-year old:Mommy, why is that man dressed like a lady?
- Mother:That is a lady. She was just born with the wrong body.
- 6-year old:How did that happen?
- Mother:Nobody really knows. But she’s working to fix it, and that’s what’s important.
- 6-year old:Okay! *runs up to obviously self-conscious woman*
- 6-year old:Hey! Miss!
- 6-year old:You look really pretty in your skirt!
- Lady:Thank you!
- *Kid skips back to her mom, and literally everyone in the vicinity smiles*
- I’d just like to point out that it wasn’t hard to explain this to a child at all…… Next excuse please?